Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Day 29


"Don't wait for something big to occur. Start where you are, with what you have, and that will always lead you into something greater." Mary Manin Morrissey

This quote came to me yesterday in the wisdomteachers.com newsletter. It is a very good point in line with Day 28’s theme of giving.

Remember the TV show Dynasty? I loved it – wouldn’t miss an episode!! I remember watching one where Blake had discovered his company was being taken over by another, which would leave them basically bankrupt. That night he gave his wife, Crystal, a gift. As she opened the box, you could see a beautiful, sparkling, jeweled necklace, and she said “Oh Blake, I love it, but you can’t do this now.” “Yes, I can,” replies Blake, “indeed this is when I have to.”

I learned a spiritual Truth that night – a prosperity consciousness means the ability to give as well as receive. Sometimes we don’t give because we feel as if we won’t have enough for ourselves, yet no matter where we are in our prosperity consciousness, we’re never too poor to give. And the more we give, the more satisfaction we will have, and the more satisfaction we have, the more we will attract into our lives. Of course, I’m talking about giving with a sense of gratitude for what we have now.

As your spiritual practice today – give something with love and gratitude.

No comments: