Saturday, November 14, 2009

Day 59 –

Tomorrow is our last day of Campaign #6. In the past 60 days I have been given so many gifts. Gifts of money, food, help, clothing, things for my dog, a trip to Hawai’i, a trip to the East Coast and awesome possibilities – it has been so wonderful to open my heart and mind to receive more of Life’s blessings – and experience the blessings continually flowing in!!

My Intention for this campaign was to be debt-free by the end. Am I? No – not quite. I could be depressed because I set that Intention and “it didn’t work,” but I choose not to bring that energy into my process. I know it’s about my consciousness!! In Hawai’i, the oriental people have a tradition of paying all their debts, in cash, before the New Year. So this is my new goal – to continue to expand my consciousness to receive and be debt-free before December 31.

Now – what was your intention and how did you do? Did you consciously participate in the Campaign? Did you do the work suggested? How have you changed because of it? What have you been focusing on?

For something fun today – let me share a great little article:


INFINITE UNDERPANTS By Rebecca Fine
Quick! What's the very first thing that springs into your mind when you read or hear the M-word? (M-o-n-e-y.)

For many people that first thing isn't necessarily pleasant. And for others there's a fleeting flicker of delight as they imagine having plenty of it, winning the lottery or the like, which just as quickly fades into a more familiar "not enough" feeling instead.

It's not surprising. After all, most of us have been carefully trained, taught, even indoctrinated our whole lives to believe that money is scarce, that it's hard to come by, that only people who have any ever get more, that it's the cause of all the world's troubles ... and on and on and on.

Loads of heavy baggage packed with negativity on the simple subject of something we really cannot do without.

And it's all just so SERIOUS and HEAVY and ... ugh.
So since we already KNOW that we attract/create our own experience through our thinking, how about we just UNpack some of that mental baggage and ditch some of the seriousness so we can stop creating and attracting more stuff like THAT?
How about we just lighten up and have some FUN with all of this? When you're having fun your thoughts aren't focused on lack of anything, right? ;-)

For myself, I have decided that whenever the M-word comes up in conversation or my own thinking in any way that doesn't thoroughly delight me, I am going to quietly, secretly substitute another word — a silly word that has NONE of those negative connotations.

I've been doing this for a while now with family and friends, too (not just quietly and secretly), and it's not only fun, it highlights immediately just how silly all the negativity is.

I highly recommend the practice!

You can choose any word that strikes you as ridiculous. For me, the funniest word in the English language (and I don't know why) is this:
Underpants.

(I know, I know. Totally juvenile. Pretty much the humor of a seven-year-old. And that's probably why it works so well!)

Try it for yourself:
"I'd like to have a new car, but I don't have enough underpants."
"Invest in THAT? No way! It's too risky. I could lose all my underpants."
"Do you think underpants grow on trees?"
"I like the job but the underpants are awful."
"Underpants can't buy happiness."
"He's got more underpants than he knows what to do with."
"Never throw good underpants after bad."
"Underpants aren't everything, you know."
"I wouldn't do that for love nor underpants."
"Always be sure to save some underpants for a rainy day."
"No matter how hard I try or what I do, I just NEVER have enough underpants."

Oh, I could go on and on! In fact, a couple of days ago I introduced this scathingly brilliant concept to my mom and brother, and we sat out on Mom's patio playing with it until we had tears streaming down our faces from laughing at ourselves so hard.
(I suppose goofiness runs in the family. Later that day when Mom said she was getting ready to throw a load of "delicates" in the washer we accused her of money laundering.)

Ah, yes: We live in a world of infinite underpants!

No comments: