Thursday, November 09, 2006

November 9, 2006

There was once a wise woman traveling in the mountains who found a precious stone in a stream. The next day she met another traveler who was hungry, and she opened her bag to share her food. The hungry traveler saw the precious stone and asked if she might give it to him. She did so without hesitation. The traveler left, rejoicing in his good fortune. He knew the stone was worth enough to give him security for a lifetime. But only a few days later he came back to return the stone to the woman who had given it to him.

"I've been thinking," he said, "I know how valuable the stone is, but I'm giving it back in the hope that you can give me something even more precious. I want you to give me what you have within you that enabled you to give me the stone."

-Author Unknown

This story reminded me of visiting a friends home years ago, and admiring a beautiful and unusual tiger face bowl. She took it off the wall and handed it to me. “You really want to give this away?” I asked. “Yes” she said “I have a policy – if someone really admires something, I know it is supposed to go to them.” I was so amazed at how unattached she was. As I looked around her home, I realized I had always seen beautiful things there . It wasn’t a sacrifice to give things away, she was making room for something new to enter her life.

Both women, the one in the story above, and my friend, knew they would always be provided for. They had no need to horde things or save things. They knew something else would come in to take its place.

Your assignment this week is to give something precious away, and give it in Love. Let yourself KNOW you are always provided for. Trust!

Thank God we’re rich!!

More money has come in from our original program. All together Celebration of Life Centre has received $827.25 in tithes, which means that our group manifested $8,272.50 !! Good Job!!

No comments: