Thursday, October 26, 2006

A phrase from the Conversations with God movie really struck me:

“To live your life without the need for specific results.”

This statement isn’t about living without desires – that would be impossible. It is about living without the NEED for those desires.

Catherine Ponder, one of the greatest prosperity teachers, wrote

“I serve the Universe. Money serves me.”

These two statements work very well together: I serve the Universe. Money serves me, so that I don’t have to need anything. Jesus said “Seek ye first the Kingdom of God and all else will be added unto you.”

What do you predominantly think about? This week, spend time in meditation instead of analyzing and reviewing your concerns. Not only will you feel better, the energy you’ll be emitting will be loving, open and receptive to greater good.

Thank God we’re rich!!

2 comments:

Danika Dinsmore said...

How WAS the movie? I just saw a preview for it and it looked better than the Indigo one.

I love that "without the need for specific results" because we so often get caught up in those specific results, not recognizing when we do get what we asked for, because the package is different than what we expected. And also, not living/enjoying the journey.

Anonymous said...

Reverend,

I am familiar with Science of Mind, and I tend to like it quite a bit. But having been hurt by traditional Christianity and by the main-stream use of the word God, I cringe when the Bible, Jesus, and God are used.

Do you know of any other teacher, or tradition, that will use the same basic concepts Mr. Holmes explained but will not use the traditional religious jargon?